This looks like a promising webinar, even if it's geared towards educators/clinicians. Registrants are sent a link to the archive, so if you can't view it live be sure to register!
Wednesday, May 18 at 10 a.m. Central Time
Hosted by edWeb.net
Many children with autism have atypical sensory behaviors, which may negatively impact their participation in the community. Research indicates that using a desensitization approach, which emphasizes the child's needs while creating a positive and structured experience, can significantly improve community participation.
Join this webinar and learn how to:
- Identify challenges encountered by families of children with autism, when participating in common community experiences
- Identify the child's sensory needs
- Explore ways to help the child desensitize to community experiences
- Teach caregivers how to assess the environment using a sensory approach
- Create and use visual language to aid with expectations
- Determine what supports should be placed within the community