After lunch, from 1:00 to 3:00pm, attendees are welcome to stay for a two-hour workshop led by Lekotek play experts. This two-hour workshop will be offered at $25 per person, if we have a minimum of 22 people in attendance. If more are interested in attending, the cost will be less. Please email by Friday, October 24 if you are interested in attending. We'd love to have a great group!
For an overview of the Facilitating Play workshop, see below.
This course will help teach how to connect children of all abilities with benefits of the play experience. It is geared towards parents, caregivers and professionals, librarians and library staff. It delivers strategies and tactics to facilitate play with children of all abilities. Workshop includes handouts, video observations and presentation and hands-on activities. Attendees will...
- Bring out a child's true potential through play
- Learn strategies to play with children
- Understand how to follow a child's lead and why that is important
- Expand the play experience while still following the child's lead
- Facilitate repetition play activity to solidify learning
- Use verbal and non-verbal cues to provide positive reinforcement